Have you just moved into a house and found that the oil tank is in an inconvenient position? Or perhaps you are planning an extension and will need the oil tank moved to accommodate it? If so Sweetfuels can help you with Oil Tank Relocation.
Moving a fuel oil storage tank requires an assessment to be carried under current Building Regulations prior to changing any existing installation. The Oil Tank Relocation assessment must be carried-out by a qualified technician to identify environmental and fire risks associated with the new positioning of the tank.
As part of our free Oil Tank Relocation quotation our OFTEC registered technician carries out this assessment. This ensures that it is carried out correctly and the revised installation will be legally compliant, but will also take into account the need to work around existing planting, landscaping features, and everything else that makes your garden special to you.
Our Oil Tank Relocation service includes:
- Transfer the contents of your existing tank into a holding tank and set-up temporary supply so that you can continue to use your appliances until the tank has been installed in its new location.
- Demolish the existing piers and tank base and create a new base compliant with current regulations
- Fit the tank on the base and connect to house system, replacing or renewing pipework where necessary. This will include pressure test of any retained pipework to ensure integrity.
- Transfer oil from the holding tank back into the relocated tank, and bleed through pipework to appliances, restarting where necessary.
- As tank relocations are notifiable works, upon completion we inform building control of the changes as we can self certify the work conducted.
This is just an indication of the Oil Tank Relocation procedure. If, for example, your own builder has already installed a new base, we can simply pump-out the tank, move it to the new location and transfer the fuel back into the tank. Alternatively we can quote for the whole works including the base, pipework and tank installation works. Regardless,all work will be carried out by our own OFTEC registered tank technicians. This way we can ensure that the work is carried-out to the highest standards and within the required timescales.
For relocations that require the old tank to be replaced, we also supply a wide range of modern moulded tanks:
For Oil Tank Relocation, please contact us or use the enquiry form on this page and we will do our very best to answer your query as quickly as possible. We are also happy to arrange a site visit by one of our OFTEC registered technicians to provide you with a free quotation for the work you require.